The Evolution of Blast Beats offers an in-depth look at the drumming of today's Extreme Metal music such as Speed Metal, Grindcore, and Death Metal.
Guitar school April 1996
Call Number: GS 0802
-Welcome To Hell (a look into the definative albums of death metal)
-Where the slime live (Morbid Angel)
Call Number: CD 1766
Publication Date: 1994
The Bleeding is the fourth studio album by American Death Metal band Cannibal Corpse, released in 1994 through Metal Blade Records
Individual Thought Patterns
Call Number: CD 1608
Individual Thought Patterns is the fifth studio album by American Death Metal band Death, released on June 22, 1993 by Relativity Records.
Reign In Blood
Call Number: CD 1776
Reign in Blood is the third studio album by American Thrash Metal band Slayer. It was released on October 7, 1986, on Def Jam Recordings.
Call Number: CD 1756
Heartwork is the fourth album by British Extreme Metal band Carcass, and has been described as the band's "breakthrough" and "mid-period masterpiece". The title track is considered one of the first Melodic Death Metal songs. It was released through Earache Records on 18 October 1993.
20 Years of Century Media 96-00 by Century Media
Call Number: CD 3428
Publication Date: 2012
"Over two hours of sensory overload await as we highlight the best and brightest from our second five years in North America (1996-2000). Helping to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, we have put together a special series of compilations that will highlight our 1st 20 years in North America, five years at a time, to help provide more focus and in-depth flashback coverage via extensive booklets packed with liner notes and photos and recollections from employees past and present. Here we present you with the period in our history that led up to the new millenium. In metal we trust." - Century Media
1. Merauder - Master Killer (from Master Killer)
2. Eyehategod - Methamphetamine (from Dopesick)
3. Only Living Witness - Deeds Pride (from Innocents)
4. Iced Earth - I Died For You (from The Dark Saga)
5. Rotting Christ - Shadows Follow (from Triarchy of the Lost Lovers)
6. Moonspell - Opium (from Irreligious)
7. Samael - Rain (from Passage)
8. Stuck Mojo - Pigwalk (from Pigwalk)
9. Nevermore - Next In Line (from The Politics of Ecstasy)
10. Strapping Young Lad - Detox (from City)
11. My Own Victim - What Do You Live For? (from No Voice, No Rights, No Freedom)
12. Sentenced - Noose (from Down)
13. Ulver - Hymne III (from Nattens Madrigal)
14. Exodus - Bonded By Blood (from Another Lesson in Violence)
15. Skinlab - When Pain Comes to Surface (from Bound, Gagged and Blindfolded)
16. The Gathering - The May Song (from Nighttime Birds)
17. Tiamat - Cold Seed (from A Deeper Kind of Slumber)
18. Jag Panzer - Future Shock (from The Fourth Judgement)
19. Moonspell - 2nd Skin (from Sin)
20. Stuck Mojo - Rising (from Rising)
1. Lacuna Coil - No Need to Explain (from Lacuna Coil EP)
2. Arch Enemy - The Beast of Man (from Stigmata)
3. Old Man's Child - Fall of Man (from Ill-Natured Spiritual Invasion)
4. Iced Earth - Burning Times (from Something Wicked...)
5. Sentenced - The Suicider (from Frozen)
6. Cryptopsy - Cold Hate, Warm Blood (from Whisper Supremacy)
7. Borknagar - Ad Noctum (from Archaic Course)
8. The Gathering - Liberty Bell (from How To Measure a Planet?)
9. Skinlab - So Far From the Truth (from Disembody: The New Flesh)
10. Turmoil - Killing Today for a Better Tomorrow (from The Process Of...)
11. Bloodbath - Ominous Bloodvomit (from Breeding Death)
12. Krisiun - Cursed Scrolls (from Conquerors of Armageddon)
13. Shadows Fall - Crushing Belial (from Of One Blood)
14. Angel Dust - Enjoy (from Enlighten the Darkness)
15. Dark Tranquility - Wonders At Your Feet (from Haven)
16. Nocturnal Rites -Sinner's Cross (from Afterlife)
17. Eyehategod - Jack Ass In the Will of God (Confederacy of Ruined Lives)
18. Nevermore - Believe In Nothing (from Dead Heart in a Dead World)
Metal Subject Guide by Vin Isma
Heavy Metal Guitar Songbook by Jon Chappell
Call Number: MT 582 .C427 1991 v.8
Publication Date: 1991
Here I am / Skid Row -- Orion / Metallica -- Metal militia / Metallica -- Dust n' bones / Guns N' Roses -- Pretty tied up (the perils of rock n' roll decadence) / Guns N' Roses -- Creeping death / Metallica -- Monkey business / Skid Row -- From out of nowhere / Faith No More.
Guitar Legends - May 2005
Call Number: GWL 80
Publication Date: 2005
Ozzy Osbourne issue: Diary Of A Madman (short pictorial history), To Hell And Back (Ozzy biography), Crazy Train (tribute to Randy Rhoads), The Good, The Bad And The Ozzy (Ozzy talks about the guitarists who have played with him), Last Licks (transcript of a Randy Rhoads guitar clinic shortly before his death), Super Chunk (Zakk Wylde looks at Ozzy's heaviest riffs), and The Godfather Of Metal (Tony Iommi looks at his memorable metal riffs). Transcriptions: Flying high again, Over the mountain, Mr. Crowley, The wizard (Black Sabbath), and War pigs (Black Sabbath).
The Essential Iron Maiden
Call Number: CD 972
The Essential Iron Maiden is the fourth greatest hits compilation by the British Heavy Metal band Iron Maiden, released on 5 July 2005. Released exclusively in North America, it is part of Sony Music Entertainment's The Essential series.
The Essential Judas Priest
Call Number: CD 777
The Essential Judas Priest is a 2006 2-disc compilation album by British heavy metal band Judas Priest.
Rust In Peace
Call Number: CD 268
Rust in Peace is the fourth studio album by American Thrash Metal band Megadeth. It was released on September 24, 1990 by Capitol Records and was produced by Mike Clink.
Among the Living
Call Number: CD 4043
Among the Living is the third studio album by American Thrash Metal band, Anthrax. It was released in March 1987 by Megaforce Worldwide/Island, and was certified gold by the RIAA on July 31, 1990.
Hard Rock Subject Guide by Vin Isma
Rock, hard & heavy : Metal and more! by Carol Cuellar
Call Number: M 1630.18 .R63 1989 v.3
Publication Date: 1989
Rock guitar charts for Hard Rock and Metal classics!
Invasion of Your Privacy - Ratt by Chappell/Intersong
Call Number: M 1630.18 .R388 I58
Publication Date: 1986
guitar music scores for the album "Invasion of Your Privacy" by Ratt
Flesh & Blood
Call Number: CD 217
Flesh & Blood is the third studio album by American Hard Rock band Poison, released in 1990 through the Enigma label of Capitol Records. The album peaked at #2 on the Billboard charts and it sold over 7.2 million copies worldwide.
Call Number: CD 1309
Boston is the debut self-titled studio album by American Rock band Boston. Produced by Tom Scholz and John Boylan, the album was released on August 25, 1976, in the United States by Epic Records.
Hard Rock Guitar Bible by Hal Leonard Corp.
Call Number: M 125 .H288 2001
Publication Date: c. 2001
An essential collection of 37 hard rock hits, this songbook in our popular Guitar Bible series includes: Back in the Saddle * Ballroom Blitz * Bang a Gong (Get It On) * Barracuda * Cold Gin * Cult of Personality * Fight the Good Fight * Flying High Again * Hair of the Dog * Hot Blooded * Living After Midnight * Rock You like a Hurricane * Round and Round * School's Out * Seventeen * Stone Cold Crazy * Wait * War Pigs * Welcome to the Jungle * You Give Love a Bad Name * and more.
Call Number: 4161
Publication Date: 1984
W.A.S.P. is the debut album by American heavy metal band W.A.S.P., released August 17, 1984. It includes their most popular tune "I Wanna Be Somebody".
Appetite for Destruction by Cherry Lane Music Co.
Call Number: M 1630.18 .G825 A6 1988
Publication Date: 1989
Guitar/Vocal/Piano arrangements for the Guns N' Roses album Appetite for Destruction.
Anthology by Amsco Publications
Call Number: M 1630.18 .A23 A58 1985
Publication Date: 1985
A guitar chart anthology of the Australian rock band AC/DC formed in 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young.
Rock Vocals by Warner Bros. Publications
Call Number: DVE 128
Publication Date: 2005
For the first time ever on DVD now four programs on one. This DVD contains Vocal Basics One, Vocal Basics Two, Rock Vocals Step One and Two all in one. Total running time of 140 min. Develop your rock chops. This DVD will teach you the four voices and how to develop each one, resonance (what is it and how to improve it), practicing (how to develop your vocal technique), breathing (the surprise breath), how to increase your range and endurance, how to blend your voices, how to find your key, effective microphone techniques, how to embellish a phrase and much more! Also features a great band to illustrate each point, interactive menus, random-access screen selection and internet connectivity.